Learn how to have fun with your tablet – explore what it can do and how it differs from a computer so you can get the most out of it. Tablets are a revolutionary new way of accessing the Internet, playing games and communicating. They can do a lot of the things your computer can do, and they can be used or carried pretty much anywhere.
Who is this course for?
This Tech Savvy Seniors beginner level workshop is for people aged 60+ who have never used a tablet but are interested in finding out what they can do. You don’t need to have a lot of PC or mobile smartphone experience.
What will you learn?
In this workshop, we’ll walk you through:
- Understanding the basic functions of tablets – including browsing the internet, watching videos, and launching email
- Understanding the differences between tablets and computers
- Identifying common icons, buttons, and screen actions (eg swiping or tapping) to successfully navigate tablets
- Knowing where the ‘home’ button is, and how to access key features such as the keypad, volume and settings
- Connecting a tablet to a wifi network
- Knowing the difference between wifi and mobile data
- Becoming familiar with navigating the web and how to safely and securely use a tablet online
- Using the camera and accessing the gallery
- Basic understanding of an app and how to access the app store
- Knowing the difference between downloading and streaming media
- Basic troubleshooting for tablets and where to go to get ongoing help
- A tablet with an Android operating system (eg Samsung, Sony, LG, HTC)
- All usernames/passwords and accounts that have been set-up on your device (eg your Google Account)
The latest course schedule is available on our online booking page.